Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Finally! Some Fiberart!


Finished this piece at the last minute for entry into the Fibervision New Views 2009 show to be held at the Cabrillo Pavillion Arts Center for the month of September. Sorry for the poor photo, but I just didn't have time to set up the tripod and etc. before I had to be out the door to get the piece turned in this morning.

You might recognize the photo in the center from my earlier post about the tree that I see on my walk to work. I originally intended the piece to be hung in a vertical orientation so it more closely resembled the tree itself, but I found I liked it so much turned to the horizontal that I am keeping it that way. I'm still going to call it Arrellaga Tree!

I hope you get a chance to see the show if you are in Santa Barbara in September. And if you can, stop by the artist's reception on Wednesday, September 9th, from 5:30 - 7:30. Love to see you there.

3 comments:

Grace Rachow said...

Trees grow in all directions. Love what you've done.

Anonymous said...

It was worth the wait-- this piece is beautiful!

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

Lora, I love the feeling of this piece -- vibrant and peaceful at the same time. Wonderful!