Sunday, September 12, 2010

Next Step In One Small Project

Here is the next step in my snowflake coasters project. The paint is cured and I took the freezer paper off. My intention was to go a bit further with them this weekend by adding some machine and hand stitching, but my sister came for a couple of days and brought my youngest grandson, so it was off to the Sea Center to hold some sea cucumbers and pet a shark followed by beach-combing for shells and cool rocks. I can work on the snowflakes next week.


I will have to come up with something extra creative because I overshot some of the freezer paper in a couple of places on the copper pieces and got some paint in the wrong places around the outer edges.


These seem to be calling out for some glitter and beads, but I'm not sure beads are a very good idea on the surface of a coaster. Seems that might make the glass that was set on it tip over! Kind of destroys the whole point of using a coaster in the first place.

1 comment:

Pamela Price Klebaum said...

Green and copper snowflakes, waaaaaaay cool!