Sunday, August 14, 2011

Progress on Filtered Light


Today my friends, Mary and Linda, and I got together to work on our pieces for the upcoming Fibervision exhibit, On Our Way, at Pacific International Quilt Festival in Santa Clara, California. They are a lot further along than I am. They spent the day finishing bindings and hanging sleeves and I spent the day finishing the actual quilting of the piece. The other day I showed some of the free-motion work I did on the piece and today I worked on the straight lines.

This piece had some new challenges for me. I usually do all-over quilting in order to avoid the piece being distorted by different densities of stitching in different places. I wanted to quilt this piece to emphasize the idea of light filtering amongst trees and had very specific quilting patterns in mind. I am very pleased with the results and finally believe I will have this piece ready in time for the due date.

More to follow.

No comments: